Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'm back! Now for some 15mm Wild West

Hi, folks. This blog has been idle for a long time. Time to get it back up and running. I'm still into 15mm gaming but am now expanding into Wild West. I had a lot of 28mm Wild West and had been playing some "Gutshot" from Hawgleg Publishing a few years ago. I'm thinking I'll start Gutshot back up in 15mm, maybe try Andrea Sfiligoi & Rich Jones' Flying Lead solo and with the kids for Wild West also.




So far I'm amassing a big pile of unpainted 15mm Cowboys and such. (For tiny prices compared to 28mm) Got some of the Minifigs Wild West Townsfolk and Gunfighters and Apaches from Musket Miniatures. Some Peter Pig Wild West from Brookhurst Hobbies: Female Gunfighters, Lawmen with Sawed-Off Shotguns, and Gunmen with Rifles. And just recently got the "15mm Wild West Personalities" pack from Blue Moon. Now if we can just get Khurasan and Rebel Minis to make some Wild West 15's I'd be in hog heaven.





Also got some H/O scale "Rustic Rails" Wild West Buildings from Jerry's Hobby Junction. That's a great place. Excellent service. Fast shipping with outstanding packaging to protect the buildings, and they even threw in a nice little resin outhouse for free. I'll be getting more of their stuff soon. Those buildings are very nice with lots of detail and they scale in perfectly with 15mm.





Had to make a few scratchbuilt buildings also. I probably have as much fun building and painting, trying new materials, techniques on scratchbuilts as I do playing the games.





But don't expect beautifully detailed and painted minis and buildings from me, though. As I get older I obsess less on perfection (never could close, anyway) and just settle for getting things ready for the tabletop. And since I'm taking it easier I enjoy it more :).





I'm planning on putting up a series of posts about the different manufacturer's minis, the building, and hopefully some battle reports. I hope some of it will be interesting.





Luckyjoe

No comments: