Saturday, September 11, 2010

EM4 Plastic Troopers Conversions

Hi, folks. I've been working on converting my remaining EM4 Troopers. These have been simple conversions, but I think they're effective. They were certainly fun and easy. I got a lot of my ideas from reading articles on the COmbat Zone Chronicles.
http://combatzonechronicles.net/
The first one was a hand swap with a Hero Clix mini to give a different pistol.


The next one is another HC pistol hand swap.

This one had the left arm & hand holding the knife replaced with one of the left hands from the dual gripped pistol. Shaved away everything but the hand, leaving a pointing pose. Looks a little too stiff, though.

The next one is one of my favorites. It's a sniper. Made the sniper rifle by trimming down the standard autorifle, drilling a hole for a new long barrel made from a small gauge rubber-coated wire. Barrel inserted and glued in place. Then added a small bead at the end of the barrel and a longer bead for a scope. Pretty crude but I like the way it came out. Barrel may be a little too long though.



Same mini, different angle. I like the way this pic came out. "Say hello to my little frien'." :)

The following are a few more conversions where I replaced the EM4 autorifles with some rifles from GW Catachan Jungle Fighter sprues. They're a little large but I think they're okay.




Well that's all for now. All I need to do now is paint these guys. Thanks for looking.

Luckyjoe

No comments: